For our first wedding anniversary, my husband and I decided to do something we have both been wanting to do for as long as we've known each other and travel to Boston. We stayed in this beautiful AirBnB, that featured some really cool decor that I was able to snap some photographs of. If you're ever in the Provincetown area or planning to stay there, this is definitely a place I would recommend!
For the longest time, I've felt this nudge to take photography more seriously and to turn what has been a hobby of mine into something that can serve others and prayerfully bring joy into their lives. I've been going back and forth about this because similarly to my writing, my photography is very personal to me because I take it very seriously. I am sometimes hesitant to share images that I've taken because once it's out there, it's out there and available for all kinds of critique. That and I've been planning a wedding and anyone who has planned a wedding before can understand how much of a time suck that can be.
However, the more that I've thought about it, the more comfortable I've begun to feel with sharing images with the world and hopefully getting the opportunity to serve some of you beautiful people. Therefore, I've decided to step out in faith and start my own photography business.
I thought I would use this opportunity to introduce myself and some fun facts about myself. I am looking forward to interacting with you!
1. I love cats! I'm not sure if that's a fun fact, but it's certainly a true one.
2. I currently blog during my free time as well as take photographs. It's where I share details about my faith, overcoming challenges in life, and some coffee-induced posts in-between. I like to call it my cozy corner on the internet.
3. I am an educator in real life and I love where I work!
4. Although, I love taking photos of other people, I rarely enjoy having other people take pictures of me. I am slowly getting over that.
5. I love Jesus! Truthfully, this should have been #1. Jesus has been a huge part of my life and growth as a person. If you would like to hear my testimony and why I've decided to give my life over to the Lord, feel free to shoot me a message.
6. One of my favorite places to travel is Lancaster. I love the scenic countrysides, hills, and mountains. Oh, and Amish cheese I hear is pretty amazing.
7. I am petrified of mice. If I see one, I will run.
8. One of my favorite cuisines to eat is Korean food. It's so spicy and flavorful!
9. I have around 106 family members. Yes, I have a large family.
10. I really love cheese.